Well it just keeps coming at the moment. Take a look at Avegant who are going to be launching the Glyph, a VR headset, on kickstarter in January.
The interesting thing with this piece of kit is that it is not displaying an image on a screen to be viewed through lenses as the Oculus Rift does but instead it projects the image directly into your eyes. A true retinal display with plenty of advantages because of it.
- Oculus Rift Alternative Avegant Virtual Reality Headset Unveiled (video) (geeky-gadgets.com)
- Avegant Virtual Reality display puts Oculus Rift and Google Glass to shame (dottech.org)
- Meet The Virtual Headset That Uses Your Eye As A Screen (forbes.com)
- Avegant’s new Virtual Retinal Display is like Oculus Rift on steroids (digitaltrends.com)
- Hands-On with Avegant’s Virtual Retinal Display Prototype (tested.com)